Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TWD - Blueberry Nectarine Pie


There's something about pie, that no matter how bad the day, pie makes it better. This pie was no exception.  I was having a bad case of the "Mondays" at work, but I made this pie after work and it turned things right around. 
The pie crust is very similar to the one I always use so I knew I would like the dough. I haven't seen my mom's post yet, but I guarantee that she rolled her dough in a perfect circle (unlike mine that looks like I got it at the second-hand store).  She is really a whiz at rolling perfect pie dough.  Every.single.time.
Filling added - ready for top crust
Ready to bake.  I love using an egg wash - I know it will yield a pretty pie.
Mom had warned me this pie had a runny consistency and she suggested doubling the flour.  I did that, but it still was pretty runny.
But no worries, we all loved this pie, even if it was runny.  I liked the addition of the nectarines.  It almost added a floral and fragrant note to the pie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I felt the same about the way the pie smelled. I thought a jam with the combination of blueberries and nectarines might be good. Your pie looks yummy!

Sweet and That's it said...

What a fabulous yummy pie!
(and it's not even thaaaaat runny)

Teresa said...

Your pie looks lovely and not too runny at all.