Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TWD- Hazelnut Biscotti

I love hazelnuts and I love biscotti, so this was a win win week for me.  I was a little fearful of the recipe because I usually find biscotti recipes with no fat make biscotti better used for a game of boules than eating, but this recipe turned out wonderful.

I was curious how the preparation of the hazelnuts would go because I had always used the towel method in the past.  This boiling method in baking soda water worked really well, but, what a mess it made of my pot.



The preparation of the biscotti itself went lickety split and was very straight forward. I did find the loaves to be skinnier than I was used to, but this yielded small biscotti which I think are perfect for eating with coffee. I only baked them 10 minutes the second time so they wouldn't get too hard.

My favorite part of the recipe was baking them right on the cooling rack.  Woo hoo for that idea! What a time saver - you don't have to flip the biscotti AND you don't have to transfer them again for cooling.


Well actually my favorite part was eating them!

6 comments:

Jodie said...

Yours look delicious! I love easy recipes!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Looking fabulous! :)

Dawn said...

Ditto on the cooling rack idea---why didn't I think of that!?

Yummy!

Teresa said...

Your biscotti turned out beautifully and I love your cup and saucer!

Cher Rockwell said...

Look good!
I skipped the deskinning step; I think the purple pot would have sent me into a tailspin on the day I made these :-)

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

Liking the teacup! Love the handle.
Your biscotti looks great too.