Tuesday, July 2, 2013

TWD-Baked Yogurt Tart


I was intrigued by this recipe.  Could something with non fat yogurt taste good?  Well the answer in our house was mixed.  My husband did not care for this and he usually likes everything.  I thought it was good (but I have never met a pie or tart I didn't like) and both my kids liked it.  I thought it was a nice substitute for a heavier cream pie or even cheesecake, but my husband declared it "kinda weird."  So I don't think I will be making it again, but I did enjoy making it.  I love the Baking with Julia pie crust recipe, so it was nice to have some extra pie dough on hand.  I used one of the pie crusts to make a Toll House cookie pie as a gift.  So all in all the experience was a good one, even it it was "kinda weird" for my husband.

2 comments:

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

Looks great with blueberries!! I liked it too. It made me think of a lighter version of a cheesecake. (well other than the pastry crust!) I would definitely make it again. And I liked the dough(especially since it turned out for me). I think I kinda get pastry dough now. :)

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

I had fun making this. It is an easy recipe that can be played around with. I want to make it again to see if I can improve on the blandness of the filling. Glad you enjoyed it!