Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TWD-Vegetable Tart

I guess you could say this tart is not photogenic.  It looks better in person than in this picture.  I found the phyllo dough a little strange to work with, but I did like the taste of it in the tart.  I liked the crisp flaky crust as a contrast to the sauteed vegetables and goat cheese.  I didn't ask my kids to eat this.  I know from past recipes, that goat cheese is just too strong of a taste for their palette.  I'm not sure if I would make this again, but I definitely will be making something with phyllo dough again since I have almost an entire box left. I will be Googling phyllo dough recipes tonight.

4 comments:

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

The flaky crust was a nice contrast to the filling. And made for a nice light tart.

margaret said...

the picture and first line made me laugh! I was thinking that this would be a great way to get my kids to eat the vegetables, but I didn't use goat cheese. try a different kind of cheese, and I bet they'll love it.

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

I enjoyed the filling, the crust, not so much. And this was such a quick and easy one to put together!

Kathy said...

I actually feel the same way you do. Loved the flaky crust contrasted by the sauteed veggies. We loved it! I think your tart looks lovely!