Monday, September 30, 2013

TWD - X Cookie



This was a fun cookie to make and eat.  I really enjoyed the process and they were not difficult at all.  I think these would be especially fun around Christmas time, but if I were to do that I would hunt down the candied orange (I made do without this time around because I didn't see it at my grocery) as I bet that would add a nice festive touch.  What really surprised me is how much you could taste the rum in the cookies.  My husband will love that.  He hasn't tasted them yet, but I know he will love the flavor combination. He isn't much of a drinker, but he does love a good boozy dessert. My kids however, didn't care for the adult taste of these cookies.  And even though I halved the recipe, it still made a lot of cookies considering the kids won't eat them.
 

6 comments:

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

This recipe does make an incredible amount of cookies! I wish I like them; they would have made a great addition to the Xmas cookie tin.

Marlise said...

My kids liked the cookies, but it does not matter because they are all gone now! Maybe you can try it again another time without the rum. Great job!

Anonymous said...

They are very Christmas-y! We also thought they were delicious, and I'm planning to make them again for Christmas gifts. :-)

Nicole said...

I agree this are very Christmas-y. I enjoyed shaping the cookies, but I was happy I made half a batch.

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

It did make a lot of cookies! But I did love them, even though it was time consuming. I took them all to work and they got eaten up fast.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yes, they'd be a great Christmas cookie. I can see them being a little too much in terms of strong flavors for kids tho.